- Over 39% of traded vehicles have negative equity (what you owe on your vehicle is more than what the vehicle is now worth).
- It can take up to 6 years before a loan does not carry negative equity.
- Over 82,000 vehicles are stolen each year in Canada, meaning a theft takes place every 7 minutes.
- More than 20% of vehicles currently driven in Canada have incurred damage exceeding $2,500.
- The average repair bill for a collision is over $5,400, which often results in a damage record which can accelerate the depreciation of your vehicle value.